Concept: Connected Community[Click to enlarge]Concept Highlights
• Degree of public investment: Low-mid
• Degree of public return on investment: Mid-high
• 3,500 homes (space for 8,000 residents)
• Spaces for 2,600 jobs
• 20-30 years to complete the redevelopmentInfrastructure Investments
• Access improvements and renovation of existing Coliseum LRT Station
• Add new LRT station at 115 Avenue
• Add roadway crossing across LRT tracks at 115 Avenue
• Improve connections between Kinnaird Ravine and Borden Park
• Reposition Borden park, adding sports fields and pond
• LRT storage and cleaning facility relocated northward
• Improved connections to neighbouring communities
• Bring the east and west lanes of Wayne Gretzky Drive together making an Urban BoulevardAnchor Investments
• Build an education, recreation and/or community amenity north of Concordia University.
• Build a public amenity in the Expo Centre, such as a health and wellness centre.
• Space for two major employment or cultural developments.
To what extent do you support or oppose the concept plan?